The Washington Odd Fellows Home is seeking a distinguished and well-qualified Activity Director. The Odd Fellows Home is a senior living community in Walla Walla, WA, serving 300 residents in skilled nursing, assisted living, and independent apartments.
This position will be responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and participating in meaningful activities and outings appropriate to the needs and interests of residents and conducive to their physical, mental and social well-being, as well as the medical transportation needs of the residents. The Activity Director is responsible for supervising a staff of six Activity Aides and Drivers.
This is a very hands-on position with outstanding creativity and customer service skills needed. The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO. This position will work closely with all team members of the community.
The Washington Odd Fellows Home strives to keep its residents involved within the organization, and as important contributors to the Walla Walla community.
- Must have NCCAP certification or ability to obtain
- Self-starter with a very creative flare and strong attention to detail
- Energy and Enthusiasm
- Vibrant personality that can adapt to many situations
- Ability to work various times of the day/week to meet the resident needs
- Must have basic computer skills, including data entry and word processing
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and supervisory skills
- General knowledge of the skills required for the department
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to be open, available, and demonstrate empathy to staff and residents.
- A valid driver license and suitable driving record.
- Prepare or coordinate monthly calendars of events
- Plan, conduct, or coordinate activities to ensure residents social needs are fulfilled
- Plan, conduct, or coordinate special events including resident events, seasonal holiday events, and marketing events.
- Hire, train and manage team members
- Coordinate/provide orientation and continuing education
- Coordinate an effective volunteer program
- 4 Weeks of Vacation
- Sick Leave
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- On-site Wellness Center, swimming pool, hot tub, café, and more!
- Competitive salary
Our not-for-profit community has been serving residents since 1897. We welcome you to join a team that celebrates the dignity of life at each of its stages with joy, respect, kindness and love. Our employees truly make a positive difference in the lives of our residents!
Pre-employment drug screen conducted. Background check process. On-line application process is at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/965.jobs?ApplyToJob=50444998
Location/Region: Walla Walla, Washington