Lifestyles Managing Editor
The Walla Walla Union-Bulletin is seeking an outgoing, motivated Managing Editor to help lead our monthly Walla Walla Lifestyles Magazine. Walla Walla Lifestyles tells original, visual stories of the Valley’s culture, arts, recreation, heritage, entertainment, wine and food.
This is a full-time position with a flexible schedule and offers excellent benefits including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) and PTO. The Lifestyles Managing Editor will be responsible for planning, assigning, editing and producing impactful content that serves locals and tourists. Ideally, we’d prefer a candidate with previous experience, but we are open to talented grads who are committed to quality and community engagement.
· Strong writing skills to convey information in a clean, concise and engaging manner
· Experience working with digital media, including video, audio and photography
· A professional aptitude to interact with and build community relationships and sources
· Organized, detail-oriented and deadline driven
· Self-motivated and innovative
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings
· Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, but not required.
Preferred (but not required) Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelors’ in Journalism
· Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
The Walla Walla Union-Bulletin is a vital community
newspaper serving the people of Walla Walla and Columbia counties in Washington
and northern Umatilla County in Oregon. We
take pride in our “small town vibe” communities and encourage energetic
writers to send a cover letter, resume and writing sample(s) via email
. Or mail to: WWUB
* Attn: HR * PO Box 1358 * Walla Walla, WA 99362. EOE
Location/Region: Walla Walla, WA (99362)