Puget Sound Energy's Wind Asset group is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team!
The Project Coordinator position is located at our Lower Snake River Wind Facility in Pomeroy, WA and will be responsible for providing coordination of department programs and support to the Plant and Program Managers on a multitude of activities and projects.
These activities and projects involve new construction, upgrades, retrofits, modifications and preventive/corrective maintenance on the electric transmission and distribution system, substations, communication systems, control systems, civil works, etc.
Projects also include the addition of new generation facilities and modifications and upgrades to existing facilities.
This includes coordination with other departments such as Engineering, Real Estate, Environmental & Permitting, Planning, Energy Resources, Safety, Equipment OEM's and others and may include negotiation and conflict resolution.
They must be able to successfully manage the relationship between service providers and internal customers, providing technical support for customer complaints and work with the service provider for resolution.
This will include providing support to the service providers and standards on interpretation and variances when required.
This position will manage, oversee and monitor contracts and contractors for plant related work activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: * Two year Associate's Degree or better in Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* At least two years relevant work experience.
* Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to work as part of a team.
* Basic knowledge of cost estimating and scheduling concepts.
* Knowledge of utility methods, techniques and procedures involved in budgeting, procurement and contract administration.
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently, influence others and resolve issues
* Customer-oriented, a positive, team-oriented attitude, flexibility, an understanding of the business issues driving the need for the project, and solid work ethic are expected.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Understanding of mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic components & systems
* Understanding of accounting/financial principles
* Ability to write clear, concise and direct narratives and reports.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and planning skills
* Ambition to expand knowledge and experience and seek increasing levels of responsibility
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to develop and cultivate strong working relationships with contractual counterparties, regulators and other industry participants.
* Understanding of environmental and/or operational issues, regulatory changes and, societal trends as they may impact one of the Energy Resources Group Assets compliance policy and conduct.
* Demonstrated capability in leadership, team building, and establishing long-term relationships with regulatory agency contacts.
* Proficient with suite of word processing, presentation, spreadsheet applications and e-mail.
Location/Region: Pomeroy, WA