Position Reports To: Finance Manager
The Walla Walla Union Bulletin seeks Staff Accountant to assist the Finance Manager with reporting, projecting, and tracking of financial performance across multiple products and platforms for the company.
The Staff Accountant provide customer service for advertising and circulation customers as well as accounting support to all departments of the paper.
They will process all accounts receivable by receipt of cash, check, or credit card payment.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for journal entries, account reconciliation, and additional duties as assigned.
Specific Duties: * General ledger maintenance and reconciliation.
* Prepare journal entries at month end.
* Support Finance Manager in special projects.
* Accounts receivable * Resolve problems and look for procedural changes to prevent errors from recurring when appropriate.
* Receive payments through the mail and in the office, and post to the appropriate invoice.
Reconcile cash received daily and prepare bank deposits.
* Maintain a subsidiary ledger for cash receipts
* Do data entry for debit memos, credit memos, and miscellaneous invoices.
Prepare legal affidavits. * Other various miscellaneous duties.Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in either Business or Accounting or Associate's degree with minimum 3
years' experience in the field. * Strong general ledger knowledge.
* Financial modeling, analytical and financial analysis skills required
* Excellent PC skills including Microsoft applications Excel and Word
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills
* Strong ethical standards and integrity are a must
Location/Region: Walla Walla, WA (99362)