JOB DESCRIPTION : HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE
Job Title: Human Resources Representative
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Human Resources
Job Status: 40 hours/week
Reports to: HR Director
ACCOUNTABILITY Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Representative provides technical, clerical, and customer service support for Human Resources in all aspects of employment and labor relations.
Provides administrative support to complete the various duties to accomplish department goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES * Coordinates recruitment, testing and processing job applicants
* screen applicants, administering appropriate tests, check references.
* Coordinate pre-employment screening * Coordinate orientation of new employees for H.R.
Director and Department Heads including, updating job descriptions, reviewing creating job offers, creating benefit packets.
* Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
* Administer compensation and benefit plans
* Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise.
* Organize quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
* Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
* Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
* Ensure compliance with labor regulations
* Cross train with finance, including but not limited to AR, AP, Payroll
* Maintains Human Resource Information System records related to Benefits and Leave.
* Interprets personnel policies and procedures and benefits summary plan descriptions
fairly and consistently. * Providing administrative, data entry and phone support
* Performs other related work as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS * Labor Relations experience is preferred.
* Knowledge of state and federal laws. * Worker's compensation knowledge preferred.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone and in writing.
* Strong organization skills/attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
* Strong/Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite required - Excel a must.
* Familiarity with payroll software, ULTIPRO proficiency preferred.
* CONFIDENTIALITY is an absolute must. * Interpersonal sensitivity and awareness of confidentiality of position.
* Ability to think and act independently.
* Ability to organize workload and manage time effectively.
* Knowledgeable of personnel policies and procedures.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: * High school Degree or GED required
* Associates Degree or higher preferred
* 2+ years in an office environment or HR role.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Other duties as assigned, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Walla Walla Union- Bulletin and Companies, strongly supports equal employment opportunity
for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical
condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
state or federal law.
Location/Region: Walla Walla, WA (99362)