Lupient Automotive Group in Minneapolis is looking for a qualified Service Technician to join our team!
As part of the Lupient Automotive Group, an established and respected family-owned dealer in the industry for over 50 years, we realize that our people are our greatest asset, and because of that, we value our employees, invest in them, and support their development toward continued advancement.
If you are committed to advancing your career while being part of a greater cause, come join us in delivering on the high standards the Lupient family is known for – “Doing the right thing”. **Relocation & Sign-On Bonus available for qualified candidates!
** Benefits * Competitive pay plan
* Health, Dental and Vision Insurance * Company paid life insurance
* Accident and critical illness insurance
* 401(k) * Tuition reimbursement
* Continued education, manufacturer hands-on and web-based training
* Career advancement/growth opportunities (5 different automotive brands in 8 locations!)
* Technician recognition initiatives * Apprenticeship program up to Master Technician
* Discounts on products and services Responsibilities * Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
* Diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed and providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
* Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
* Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing and replacing filters
* Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components
* Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
* Comply with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
Qualifications* Experience in auto service or recent completion of automotive tech/trade school
* Ability to work in a team environment
* ASE certifications preferred, but not required for some positions
* A Level certifications * Must own tools to perform the required repairs
* Current valid driver’s license with driving record that meets insurance company standards
* Willing to subject to pre-employment drug screening and background checks
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN (55426)