Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States. We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry. Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
The Accounting Manager will manage the day to day contract accounting function for his or her designated Region. In addition, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for the analysis and preparation of reports relating to the financial results for assigned Region. Work with Corporate Accounting to establish and maintain accounting practices, policies and procedures to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations. Assist in the preparation of financial projections for designated operational region. Manage the designated Region accounting team including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
1. Plan, direct and review the monthly closing of the financial books, within specified deadlines, including performance variance explanations for assigned Region.
2. Manage Accounting team staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
3. Work with Corporate Accounting to Identify and implement methods for streamlining and improving the closing process.
4. Prepare and review monthly financial reporting for operational and corporate management (i.e. variance explanations, operational P&L’s, ADO, A/R aging reports, statistics). Provide input on potential opportunities for operational improvement.
5. Ensure accurate interpretation of client and subcontractor agreements by accounting staff. Identify contract risks and opportunities for operations management.
6. Develop, coordinate and ensure accuracy of standard client reporting packages based upon client negotiations.
7. Prepare responses for Field Operators on financial issues and questions received from their clients.
8. Review and monitor monthly preparation of balance sheet account
reconciliations focusing on resolution of outstanding reconciling items.
9. Assist in the preparation of financial projections for operational area and variance reporting from budget.
10. Assist in annual budget process which includes site level budget development with assistance from operational management.
11. Interact with external auditors responding to contract questions and specific audit schedule requirements.
12. Ensure appropriate coding of accounts payable vouchers and expense reports.
13. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Field Operations Accounting area.
14. Provide training and guidance to newly hired Accounting Managers.
15. Assist in completion of special projects on an as needed basis within the Finance Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Six plus (6+) years Accounting experience; one to three (1‐3) years leadership responsibility.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PeopleSoft Financials a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred.
Location/Region: Franklin, TN