You are drawn to help others, and doing so brings you a sense of comfort and satisfaction.
You’re mature, resilient, kind and professional.
You may have had an experience with a friend or family member who needed help, or perhaps you have professional caregiving experience, and so you know how important the role of a caregiver is.
You believe our oldest generations should be revered and honored, that they deserve the best care and quality of life possible, and that through serving them we make ourselves, our community and our world a better place.
You know that helping someone in need can be challenging, but you can handle it because it's one of the greatest things we can do for another person. About this position We currently have a part-time position (days, evenings and weekends) available caring for clients in their homes in Ligonier and surrounding areas.
Days and hours can be flexible. Things you'll love about being a Firefly Caregiver include:* Benefits including paid vacation, company-match retirement savings, company-paid telemedicine and access to affordable healthcare plans, tuition reimbursement and career-advancement opportunities
* Paid orientation and training and a personal mentor, who is an experienced Firefly Caregiver, to ensure you're competent and comfortable
* A kind and supportive staff * A flexible working schedule (full time, part time or as needed/PRN)
* Opportunities to get involved in outreach events to share your experience with others who may need some encouragement in a difficult time
Job responsibilities include:* Companionship, light housekeeping and/or meal preparation services
* Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL)
* Assistance with instrumental activities of daily living (IADL)
* Medication reminders * Driving to clients to provide in-home care
Requirements Include:* Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
* Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation
* Experience as a caregiver, certified nursing assistant (CNA), home health aide (HHA), personal care attendant, social worker, nurse (RN or LPN) or similar field is preferred but not required; formal training and support is provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Ligonier, IN (46767)