At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you consider yourself to be a skilled problem solver? The Patient Accounts Department at MSK is seeking a Collector to review, analyze, and follow-up on insurance balances on assigned accounts. In this role, you will use various methods, including insurance web sites, phone calls, collection letters, and MSK's financial assistance program, to resolve balances on our patient's accounts.
- Knowledgeable of third-party billing and follow-up procedures
- Have the ability to organize, analyze and effectively resolve accounts within established timeframes
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle difficult interactions
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Flexible to work independently or in a collaborative environment
- Analyze accounts on receivable report and take appropriate action with insurance according to departmental procedures
- Review insurance payment, enter any payment-related allowances and transfer whatever is patient responsibility
- Ensure timely billing by contacting insurance companies
- Resolve outstanding insurance balances by using various collection techniques to follow up with guarantors and third-party carriers
- Associate's Degree required
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- Previous account collections experience preferred
- Systems knowledge of RMS/RAM/IDX a plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Location/Region: New York, NY