This position is responsible for managing the annual media plan and placement of paid media assets and deliverables for Discover The Palm Beaches (DTPB). This role will work internally with marketing leadership to develop the paid media strategy for both digital and traditional media. Primary functions include overseeing negotiations, invoice tracking, payment, reconciliation and providing management with regular reports on media budget status and effectiveness. The role will be responsible for reviewing incoming media solicitations and providing a point-of-view (POV) to marketing leaders on prospective new vendors and media partners. This position will work with external creative and media agency partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Together with AVP of Integrated Marketing, develops annual paid media strategy and media plan.
- Provides updates and adjustments to media plan based on budget changes and media performance results. Produces and maintains paid advertising “grids” that inform team members of upcoming deadlines and specifications.
- Actively tracks all paid media and provides monthly reconciliation to management.
- Tracks performance of paid media and provides reports on media ROI to management.
- Meets with new prospective media partners and evaluates their products for possible future purchase and inclusion in the media plan.
- Manages all paid social strategy and execution on major social platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn).
- Works closely with marketing team members to ensure creative assets are trafficked on time.
- Develops, monitors and reports relevant KPls on all media spend (including Arrivalist, Longwoods, etc). in collaboration with internal resources (ex. Business Intelligence), outside entities and vendors.
- Works collaboratively with SVP Marketing and Associate VP – Integrated Marketing to ensure the strategic vision of DTPB is carried though internally and with the AOR .
- In collaboration with marketing leadership, ensures brand consistency across all advertising channels and touch points with DTPB.
- Works closely with AOR to monitor the progress of Work Orders / Projects / Task Requests to ensure timely production and completion.
- Works with marketing leadership to develop, approve and process co-op advertising contract, creative and invoices with outside entities (ex. tour operators and partners) to ensure advertising follows Brand Guidelines and successful campaign competition.
- Supports development and maintenance of Marketing / Advertising budgets (ongoing, yearly).
- Contributes to Fiscal Year Marketing Plan as requested by AVP and SVP.
- Ensures all advertising is properly tagged (pixels) to measure ROI of paid media (whenever possible). Works with AOR to complete tagging.
- Coordinates the use of third-party validation companies (ie. IAS) to ensure digital media is effectively displayed as per media purchase agreements.
- Collaborates with AOR to produce monthly and quarterly reports measuring advertising effectiveness (and ROI). Makes recommendations on changes to media strategy and media plan based on reporting.
- Submits purchase order requests in DTPB's financial database to ensure timely payment of invoices for the department; adhering to financial guidelines.
- Works with Finance department to ensure accuracy of allocations and purchase orders are processed, as well as develops and finalizes FY budgets with Marketing department leadership. Runs financial reports from the accounting system as needed.
- Ensures all contracted agencies are educated and informed about new projects and tools to maximize their performance.
- Provides insights on creative executions relative to paid media buys.
- Performs creative testing on various media executions to ensure effective ROI.
- Stays abreast of new trends within advertising, marketing, destination and tourism arenas,
The position will complete miscellaneous projects at the direction of the SVP, Marketing and Associate VP – Integrated Marketing.
Location/Region: West Palm Beach, FL (33406)