Full responsibility for effectively planning and managing the portfolio of strategic initiatives within PeopleReady. The position will develop business cases, explore solutions, find internal partners or external vendors and structure the project to achieve business results. This position will ensure that project responsibilities are carried out promptly, accurately within the allocated time and budget; overseeing or managing the initiating, planning, executing and controlling phases of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Plan project schedule including timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Work with technical SMES to define and document technical requirements for the project.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Analyze problems and help design appropriate solutions or alternatives.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
CORE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Seven to ten years of complex project management experience in a business setting
- Track record of success in strategic planning
- Track record of success in project management
- Experience in vendor negotiations
- Experience in project management methodology and tools
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PM Certification from a recognized institution
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and/or hear for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds. Travel up to 20% of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a remote position that may be performed anywhere except the state of Colorado
Internal ID: 104946
Location/Region: Chicago, IL